Friday, August 28

Satisfaction

Now that I have gotten rid of the Skinny Bitches book, I'm eating very well. There is no fear that I'm poisoning myself. I live in a world of denial. And it's a very tasty world. I've been eating well. Not a lot, but well. I have not found myself hungry very often, unless it is warranted. Like before dinner or lunch. I don't wake up with a sugar hangover. And I'm enjoying a wide range of fruits and veggies as my "appetizers" before my main meal. Really, a decent system.

Down another pound, I'm reaching my "how long is this going to take?" phase. I'm looking down the road at the other 43 pounds I'd like to lose and I'm thinking that it's going to be a long, bumpy annoying slow ride. Patience is not my strong point. I'm like Veruca Salt in Willy Wonka...I want it NOW. But it won't come off now. And that is the hardest thing to deal with.

Went back to the gym yesterday and today. I'm sitting here feeling sore, but good. Did leg work and now I wince when I walk upstairs. It's a good pain, I know. It means that the fat is going to go away. But right now, it would be nice if I could move without the agony. My children look at me funny when I get up from a chair with an "oof" sound. Yes, I'm old. But I'd rather be skinny and old than fat and old. I'm trying.

Lunch today, a bowl of three bean chili I made, a cup of carrots with 2 tbsp of really spicy hummus, one slice of homemade banana bread (Cooking Light recipe) and water. I'm full. Can't even think about eating anything else right now. But I think a soda might be in order later today. Can't ditch the soda habit. I don't drink it every day, but I do like a bit of bubbly once in a while. Simple pleasures.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the simple pleasures! I love me a good beer! But what if you start buying those little cans instead? Mind over matter thing and all? Just a thought. I'm trying to be better about eating "right" as well. it really isn't as easy as it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, that might be a good idea, T. Thanks! That way, I get my taste, but I'm not drinking a whole can of liquid devil.

    ReplyDelete