Tuesday, August 25

Giddy with success

Already one week since I started this "lifestyle" change. Who are we kidding? Diet. Anyway, I've started eating differently. I've lost 6 1/2 pounds. Not too shabby for one week. But there is a lot more to lose. And that's mostly water. So, really I can talk myself out of any amount of congratulations.

It's necessary. If I didn't, I would be drunk with success. I would think, well now, I can fudge on this a little. I can have that chocolate. I can eat those chips. It's necessary for me to keep it down so I'll keep losing. A mind game, I know, but really what else is there?

This morning, after running errands, I stopped at a local shop La Chatelaine. As you can see from the link, it's not a lo-cal place. Hardly. I was good. The kids each got a pastry and I just had one bite from each, a croissant and a bear claw with pistachio paste inside. MMMMMmmmmmmm. Yummy. But it was an interesting experiment. Could I just sit there and not eat more? Would it make me hungry later?

I could sit there, but it was hard. And the pastries were SO inviting. It was a struggle. But I managed. And I did notice, on the way home, that my stomach was growling a bit. It was hungry for more. Feed-forward thinking. That's been my problem all along. I was feeding the next hunger. Now, if I just feed my current hunger, eat the filling veggies and soup, then I'm not hungry for the more fattening foods. I can have a bite and not want more.

Will I go back to La Chatelaine? Yes. But it will be after a very hearty breakfast of egg whites!

Viva la Chatelaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment