Wednesday, August 26

hiccup


I'm flummoxed. Flabbergasted. Floundered. What the heck? Got on the scale this morning and I GAINED a pound. Yes, gained. That is not right. I know, I had some croissant yesterday. And a bite of a bear claw. But certainly not a pounds worth. Oh no. Now I'm pissed. What the hell is all this scrimping and saving of calories? The waiting to eat starch until after I've eaten all my veggies and protein? I have been so good. And I gain a pound?

That's it. I'm going out to eat. O.K., not the right attitude. Don't throw it all away. But, darn it, I'm ticked. I did end up taking the kids out but I ordered a basic salad with chicken and some cheese. Not the best lunch, but certainly not as bad as it could have been. I could have eaten at Max and Erma's. That was my first choice. Silly children wanted to go to Skyline. So, we went. I wanted to order the bean burrito. Or the Southwestern Chicken wrap. Any of those would have gone well with my grumbling stomach. Literally, I could have eaten a card board box by the time we got to Skyline.

If you've never been to Skyline, you wouldn't know that they give you a little bowl of oyster crackers to munch on while you wait (which isn't long. Most orders take about 5 minutes to get to your table). I was munching mindlessly (really shouldn't have had them anyway) when I noticed some legs sticking out of my bowl. Yes, legs. There was a dead cricket in my bowl. Ew. Double Ew. Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. I got the waitress's attention, while trying not to gag. She took it away but didn't say anything. Not even sorry. I should have gone for the free meal. I think she brought us extra cheese. Like I need that. Definitely have to say that crickets in your crackers makes for a great appetite suppressant. Ew.

Stomach is grumbling. I didn't get enough to eat at lunch. Will have to go now and find something appropriate to eat. Bugger it all. I'm still pissed about the pound. Going to the gym tomorrow, that's for sure.

Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment