Sunday, August 23

Another hour, another minute, another meal

Things are moving fast in the Pudgy Mom household.

Not really, but it sounds good. I am, once again, waiting. Waiting for my family to return. Waiting for people to call. Waiting for meal inspiration. Waiting for the next time I can put something in my mouth. It's a good thing I'm not a smoker, because I'd probably smoke 10 packs a day. I'm bad at waiting.

I'm trying to fill the time between meals with getting things done. You know, follow the list, cross stuff off, add stuff. Two things crossed off, three things added. I'm not making progress.

Lost another half pound today. Better than nothing. But my stomach is gurgling. Could be the small glass of wine I had last night after dinner. Or the one can of soda devil I drank. I had to. I was desperate for something different. There's nothing like watching a little "War of the Worlds" Tom Cruise action and drinking a diet soda. Chemical shit storm all around. This is what I do when no one is home.

I'm starting to question the whole "no starches except with dinner for three months" mantra of this new "diet/lifestyle" book. Really? Nothing? Thought I should have the new Bob's Red Mill Organic High Fiber Hot Cereal mix I bought yesterday for breakfast. Add a little yogurt, some dried cherries, nuts. Mmmmm. But no. I had a breakfast shake instead. I have to save the hot starch stuff for November. I keep thinking "it will be worth the look on my sister-in-laws face...it will be worth the look on my sister-in-laws face..." It better be.

No comments:

Post a Comment