Sunday, August 16

Change is in the air


I feel a change coming on. It's been a long, busy, lonely, crazy summer. I feel out of the loop. Like the world is passing me by and I'm running, running after it but can't quite catch it.

It's time for a change. Change can be good...I think. I'm usually opposed to change. I like routine except when I don't want routine. That's the tricky part. Making routine not feel routine. Get it? Maybe I should say consistency.

First off, I'm changing my blog. Still the Middle of Nowhere, but now, I'm talking about my midriff. See that picture of me with the two chins? That's not me. That has to change. So, I'm going on a reading binge of diet books. Just a sampler, if you will, of what's out there and then writing about it. Seems like I can get fired up about that. More so than my life right now. There are some crazy diets out there. And some decent plans. If I can just find something that works for me and continues to work for me so I can fit back into my pre-fat clothes, I'll be happy.

One incentive is that I'm getting a wii for Christmas and I have already asked my Santa to get me a wii fit board and game. My hope is that I'll be in good enough shape to deal with the wii fit and have something to balance the gym time. I enjoy going to the gym, when I know there are going to be people there to talk to. Otherwise, it's kind of boring.

I'm hoping that my loyal readers (all three of you) will follow me on this silly journey. I've lost weight before. I know I can do. It's just a bitch. I can get cranky and I hope you will deal with me. I'll be in a great mood if I can lose the weight. But then comes the part when I get to my goal and I say "what now?" That's when I'll need you to keep me going and show me that there is something beyond goal weight, some purpose.

Happy slimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment