Monday, October 26

the brakes are on

I'm in for it now. I have hurt my back. Not at the gym, not while doing 100 sit ups, not while lifting progressively heavier weights for less reps (Body for Life people!). No, I threw out my back bending over to put snacks in the stupid snack bin.

Just got back from the grocery and I was unloading the groceries. Stupid teenage baggers think, because I didn't use plastic bags but brought my own, they could pack the sum total of the store into three bags. At least it seemed like it. They were heavy. And, instead of waiting for my dear hubby to get off the roof (where he was cleaning gutters- Sundays are so fun at our house), I dragged them in. I bend over and "OH" I'm gripping the wall, legs bent not able to stand up straight.

Somehow I managed to get onto the floor. My legs won't move. It's like I'm willing them to move, but they just don't listen. Kind of like my kids. I have pulled a muscle in my back or I'm having a spasm. I don't know, but I can't stand up and walking is painful with my legs periodically giving out underneath me. Makes for an interesting day.

My family and I went to our 4-H club meeting (since I'm the advisor, I kind of have to) and I proceeded to stay in one place. I hobbled back into the car and spent the better part of the evening on the couch with a heating pad and a big glass of wine. I'm out of muscle relaxants so wine had to do.

Sleeping was interesting. Nothing like waking up when you go to turn over and you can't. Kind of like a turtle stuck on its shell.

Today, I am about the same. I have a dr's appointment that my husband is coming home for. Not sure I can drive if my leg won't work to put the brakes on. Hopefully she'll give me a scrip for muscle relaxants. And I can slip into oblivion.

Did I mention that getting old sucks? So much for the weight loss train going full speed (or at least chugging along smoothly). I'm derailed for the moment. At least I can't walk around a lot so I'm not getting to the snackies. Walking is highly overrated.

Can someone come over here and make me snack?

1 comment:

  1. I'm just reading this now (it's wednesday - i've been off the computer) and I'm so sorry I didn't know, I totally would have been over with snacks. I'm helpful that way. Next time roll over and pick up the phone and call me... or yell really, really loud!

    Funny thing is, I spend most of the day on the couch doing nothing as well and I don't have a hurt back! Sad.

    ReplyDelete