Thursday, June 18

Sleepy Morning


I love the first moments as I wake up. That groggy time between sleep and awake where you don't know where you are, who you are, what is going on. I can be anyone. I can be young, important, reasonable, kind, caring, tough. It can be any day of the week, weekend, special day, regular day. Before all the every day stuff comes rushing in.

I was being particularly lazy this morning. My husband was in a great mood. I wonder what kind of crack he is on. Not sure where he gets it, the morning perkies. It takes me a while to get there. That's why I like the first moments before the kid rush in. Or the time that I spend cuddling with them. Yes, they are 11 and 7, and they still like to cuddle with my in the morning. I'll take that for as long as I can. Because it won't be long before they are rushing out of the house and on to their own lives.

So I lay there, pondering the day.

It won't be a difficult day. I know that. There's only one child here. I don't have anything pressing on my list of things to do. We're going to a movie. We might even make donuts. And I get to go to dinner with my ladies tonight. What more could I ask for in a day?

I know some things will put a wrench in the works, but I feel like I can handle it today. I feel like I am on an upward momentum. Things have been going well. Our usual tight June (with all the birthdays, anniversaries, Father's Day, etc) is going smoothly. The whole summer is laid out in front of us. And even though it's busy, it seems like it will be a good summer.

Now, I don't know what kind of crack I'm on, but I think I'll stay with it. It's summer crack. It's the crack of warm days, cool nights and time to do what we want. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment