Tuesday, September 9

Day 1 - what the hell am I doing?

I've never blogged before. I'm guessing you can tell from my lovely layout and amateur writing. I am a writer, or at least I tell people that to justify my existence. You see, I am a SAHM. I'd like to find a job, part-time, but I am having a tough time of it. I started searching the web, found a mind boggling amount of crap and here I am.

I could be making a fortune fulfilling rebates. Literally. At least that's what the website told me. Or, I could be a medical transcriptionist. There's one shady website that offers a great "program" for only $39 (half their usual rate) that will set you up with "some referral to a company" that will make you up to $1500 a day. Imagine! What am I doing here? I could be pressing a few buttons and rolling in the bucks.

I'm a realist. Actually, I'm a positive Pessimist (I'd like to trademark this, but after checking the fee schedule on the USPTO site, that will not happen any time soon...$375!)

Positive Pessimism is my guiding principle. I am positive that the jerk in front of my car on the highway will slow down as soon as I try to pass him. I am positive it will rain if I schedule an outdoor wedding. I am positive that the minute I sit down to eat my breakfast, the children will sense that moment of relaxation and storm down the stairs looking for breakfast. (On that point, I have learned to have the beasties make their own breakfast.)

I've lived this way for almost 40 years. Not sure I will change. And for all the Pollyanna's in the world, it's not greener on the other side, there is no bright side, there aren't better days ahead. It's all downhill from here, baby, and I'm on the world's fastest sled.

Join me in my descent. It will be a slippery, fast ride with plenty of bumps and lots of injuries. But I will make it to the bottom. We all do.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment